Baskar Arumugam is a social thinker and activist. He creates and sustains dialogues around important issues today with sensitivity and responsibility that others don’t manage to hold. Through his interaction and engagement with teachers and students on women welfare issues, he is able to draw attention to and share concerns with important insights.
Here is an interview in Tamil during which he speaks about the changing nature of schools, education institutions and how women and gender sensitivity issues are handled in schools. In the process he points to several important issues including -
1. The challenges of the current generation of parents
2. Teachers and their pressure
3. Reference points of what is family among students
4. Technology and its role in influencing
5. Growth of violence amongst us today
6. Need for platforms to discuss and understand